View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippin65 View Post
which will be the majority of titles, I wager
Actually I doubt it would be. I think the Author's Guild wanted to establish that it was their right to allow or forbid it. That doesn't mean that they won't be generous in allowing it. After all, they risk the ire of the disabled community and others by forbidding it but they don't really lose anything by allowing it. The technology as it stands today is not really competition for a professional audio book. It makes sense for them to protect their rights early on, though. They don't have to forbid TTS to do that. They just have to establish that Amazon needs their permission.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote