View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 01:33 PM   #18
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Opus/System76 Starling
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdam
Another interesting aside - When I show the device to people - the hardest thing for them to overcome is the fact that the "screen" is different. It is hard to break away from what they know screens to be ("why isn't it backlit?", "when will it have colour and moving images?", "but I don't like reading on a screen" etc)
Intersting.

The people I show my iLiad to have the opposite reaction. Their reaction usually is "Wow! Look how clear that screen is!" and don't care that it's not backlit, etc.

I'm on my 10th book now (I usually read 2-3 at a time - various length books - swapping between them each chapter so that I don't get burned out on any one type of book).
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote