View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
Hey guys,

Imagine the horror when I turned on my Kindle 2 while walking downtown today and the screen immediately faded and turned blotchy from the sun hitting it! Is this normal? I thought that the Kindle could be read in direct sunlight and this is only weak spring strength sunlight!
I saw a posting on the same thing from another K2 owner on Amazon forum, so should I call tech support
So second call to Amazon support got me a new Kindle to be sent to replace this one. It's obviously defective and the gal was very nice and handled the situation well. Seems they have had a few K2's being returned with this same issue. So, new K2 owners, be sure and check your Kindle out in direct sunlight before you start loading it up with all your MP3's and doc, urls. Guess I will be copying my urls to my main computer or maybe I can just cope the document folder in K2 Drive? Does that work? Hmm, good thing all Amazon purchases are backed up on Amazon.com and I will just have to put back on my FreeBooks and other freebies on the new unit. Just a minor inconvenience.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote