View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 05:51 AM   #2
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Young
I've seen a lot of chatter on the wire recently about people writing their own apps for the Librie. Many of you will already be familiar with the English Firmware translation project - and if anyone has tried the Simplereader please let us know how you got on.
Indeed since past summer (2005) it was possible to logon into the librie thanks to a hack introduced during the Firmware Traslation. During some months the only available example had been a slide display project, allowing one to use the Librie as a secondary display of your main machine. Then I did a port of the netpbm graphical tools plus some extraction tools for djvu documents, but I got stuck about controlling the keyboard. Finally a month ago Jennings reverse engineered the keyboard mechanism and offered a set of C functions to use it plus a pair of utilities to query the keys from bash scripts (the latter due to compatibility with my approach). Now Jennings realeased its browsing demo plus a microSDK, and another guy has uploaded explanations about how to use PPP over the old login scheme, so you can in theory to have full navegation from a Librie-deployed browser (say, links).
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote