View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Since I'm not big on re-reading, that's not much of a concern to me. For those books I do want to keep, they are backed up and I know what to do to revive them.

It would be interesting for me to see all the energy spent on being mad at Amazon channeled into creating some competition that works for the people who don't like Amazon. I don't know if that means working the publishers or picking a company like Fictionwise or BooksonBorad and helping them grow.

i think maybe the first step, as a customer, is to insist that Amazon remove the DRM and provide support for the ePub standard before you'll buy anything from them. Being locked into a ridiculous contract that could see your whole library go up in a digital poof of smoke doesn't seem all that sensible to me. Then again, I couldn't agree to that if I wanted to, as Amazon have decided that we in Europe can't have their device.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote