View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #36
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
Hello Zelda

I'm an idiot when it comes to programming. I looked at the thread you mentioned and it might as well be in martian. It seems very hard for a non-programmer. How do I get something into the 700 memory to start with?

John
it might look complicated at first glance but it's really not. the info you really need is in post number 9. here is a step-by-step guide :

1. install calibre.
2. choose the font you want to use for your files. i use "Fontin" family (it has a regular, a bold, an italic, and a small-caps version).
3. create a new folder at the top level of your 700 called "fonts" (case is important : it can be called "Fonts", but you'll have to name it that way everywhere you refer to it).
4. put your chosen font files into that folder (there should be more than one, since usually there will be regular, italic, bold, and maybe some others. also, some font families come with serif and sans serif versions).
5. launch calibre, click on the little arrow next to "convert ebooks", then "set defaults for conversion".
6. on the left side of the dialogue box, click on "look & feel".
7. in the "override css" box in the bottom right quarter of the dialogue box, paste the script from the other thread, making sure to follow the renaming instructions. since i'm using Fontin, the script for me looks like this :
Code:
@font-face {
  font-family: "Fontin";
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: normal;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin-Regular.ttf);
}

@font-face {
  font-weight: bold;
  font-style: normal;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin-Bold.ttf);
}

@font-face {
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: italic;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin-Italic.ttf);
}

body {
  font-family: "Fontin", serif;
}
notice i named the "font-family" Fontin for clarity, and in the "source" line (src) i specified the exact name of each file, inside the "fonts" folder i created on my 700.

click ok to save these defaults.

all books you convert with calibre should now use the font of your choice.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote