View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 08:59 AM   #3
mangawy
mangawy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sing Sing View Post
Hi,

If you can boot rupor-rescue, then we can help you with some commands to restore backups of any partitions you have modified. Sounds like you might already have tried, but it's worth trying again. Overwriting the SETTING partition shouldn't make it completely unrecoverable. Unless the SETTING image was written to the wrong place, like the start of the eMMC.

You can download it here if you don't have it already:
http://sonyfmngr.sourceforge.net/Rel...upor-rescue.7z
Unpack it to an SD card, and insert it into the T1. If you can't get the T1 to reboot, then press the reset button at the bottom with a pen or something. They recommend avoiding pencils in case they snap off. Nothing appears to happen, but then press the power button and then hold HOME + MENU, and hopefully you'll see the progress bar start to move. Once the progress bar is full, you can let go of the buttons and access the T1 with a terminal emulator like minicom or PuTTY.

It that doesn't work, then I'm stuck I'm afraid. If it does work OTOH, then let us know which version of the firmware you had originally, so we can find suitable backup images for you to restore.
Thank you for your swift reply. The link you provided does not work, but I think I have one of the rescue files, does it have to be a specific version?

I am afraid I did something wrong writing to the SETTINGS partition, I checked the partition size and the file size before writing to it and the file was few hundred bytes longer, I thought I would get an error or so if that would be a problem but it caused the ereader not to work any more.

I tried resetting + POWER_HOME_MENU several times and nothing change at all. I even downloaded some disk partitioning tools and of course it doesn't see it because windows does not see any device inserted.

Is there a more low-level solution? like something that would make windows recognize the device then re-partition it?

Thank you again
mangawy is offline   Reply With Quote