View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 02:16 AM   #1
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW, KFHD 8.9, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
A couple questions about News

I used the Fetch News feature to create a feed for Lifehacker, which I then transferred to my Kindle 2. But there's a couple things I don't understand.

(1) why did it transfer 2 files? And do I need to leave both of them on my Kindle in order for it to update properly?
Lifehacker _Sat, 28 Feb 2009_ - calibre.mobi
Lifehacker__Sat,_28_Feb_2009__5.mobi

(2) How do these files get updated anyway? I can't see any link within the file to click or anything like that (similar to the way feedbooks catalog gets updated).

I couldn't find these questions addressed in either the documentation or the FAQ.

PS - I found something within Calibre itself which allows you to schedule News download, though this doesn't automatically push it to your Kindle I assume. So perhaps it's not really automatically updated as I have to plug in my kindle and transfer the file over manually every time I want to update it? Or am I way off track here?
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote