View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #5
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Exclamation

(Partial and ) Detailed Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 "Sarge" instructions (what I've done):

For patching, compiling and installing the required poppler library:

$ su
# apt-get install cdbs gnome-pkg-tools libgtk2.0-dev libqt3-mt-dev automake1.9 dh-make build-essential dpkg-dev libjpeg62-dev libz-dev fakeroot libxml2-dev
# exit
$ mkdir src.poppler
$ cd src.poppler
$ wget http://poppler.freedesktop.org/poppler-0.5.3.tar.gz
$ wget http://www.jauco.nl/SoC/poppler-pdf-style-0.3.patch
$ tar -xvzf poppler-0.5.3.tar.gz
$ cd poppler-0.5.3
$ patch -p1 < ../poppler-pdf-style-0.3.patch
$ ln -s /usr/include/libxml2/libxml poppler/
$ echo "s" | dh_make
$ sed -i "s/configure /configure --enable-zlib --enable-xpdf-headers/g" debian/rules
$ chmod a+x debian/rules
$ fakeroot debian/rules binary

This should have generated a .deb file that you can install, but it failed to compile, with the following error:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I. -I.. -I../goo -I/usr/include/freetype2 -Wall -Wno-unused -g -O2 -MT ABWOutputDev.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/ABWOutputDev.Tpo -c ABWOutputDev.cc -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/ABWOutputDev.o
ABWOutputDev.cc: In member function `void ABWOutputDev::ATP_recursive(xmlNode*)
':
ABWOutputDev.cc:804: error: declaration of `void
ABWOutputDev::cleanUpNode(xmlNode*, bool)' outside of class is not
definition
It seems to be some construct that is not legal in gcc 3.3.5... I hope to have tomorrow some time to try to debug the offending file, but don't count on it :-(

After being able to compile the poppler library, it is necessary to do the same with the abiword sources... so there is quite a bit of work left to do.

BTW: Maybe this post should be in hacks/devel :-?

Last edited by Antartica; 09-06-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote