View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #9
JenPen1 has learned how to buy an e-book online
Device: Sony PRS505 (given away), Sony 650 Touch, LG Nexus 4, Kobo Arc
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

Did you create your key file... by following the directions in the readme that comes with convert lit?

I tried to follow the directions, ( I have them printed out beside me ) but I am confused because I've had some error messages. First when I clicked 'Deconvert' a message shows up at the bottom of the list:
Decryption Failed - No keys available for this title.

Then I did find some 'keys' called 'Reader Key Recovery Tool.exe and when I click on them it tells me that it is processing activation DLL for Microsoft Reader (66716004) Writing keys to a folder on C drive.
A screen pops up giving me an option to 'Get Key' which I click on. It then tells me to open a DRM5 ebook in a new MSReader window.
the Reader opens but when I click on the book I get 2 error messages.
1. 'Microsoft Reader:MSReader.exe application error'. That the memory could not be written and a whole bunch of numerals and letters!
2. MSReader Recovery Tool 1.0 Remote Error (more numerals and letters) Unexpected program termination error = c0000005
3. Windows Explorer tells me when clicking on the clit.exe after I have clicked on the book I'm asked to select the parent directory for the expanded LIT file,I'm told that it doesn't exist or is not a directory.

So, I'm sorry to be such a 'doofuss' and you are probably almost as confused now as I am. If you are unable to give me the answer, no problem. I'll just keep trying 'cos I think I'm related to Robert the Bruce who famously said "If at first you don't succeed, try and try and try again"
JenPen1 is offline   Reply With Quote