View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 10:09 AM   #53
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I strongly suspect that it has endured precisely because it provides such good fodder for films.
I partially disagree. It has endured IMO because it is so well written and just so much fun! It is the most read in French. I know of nothing else like it in French. It is a total exception. And comparing it to English books of the time, I must say I think nothing compares to it for just downright entertainment. And think of the other classics he wrote--The Count of Monte Cristo, The Man in the Iron Mask...Dumas was a remarkable author. When I feel down, I turn to Dumas for guaranteed giggles.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote