View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 07:30 PM   #7
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
The iLiadites used up a lot of good ideas for time-passers; what to read first, what size to make pdf's, that whole 'invite' business, and of course the venerable 'meditation thread' -- I'm trying to think of other stuff to kick around.
The PDF/document size question is a good one, since it's even harder for the 6" screens to handle normal document sizes.

Fiction will work well in paperback size, I'm sure, but I'm a little concerned about technical books and game rule books (I want to put all my D&D and Warhammer rule books on my Reader). It seems like the PDFs will be practically unreadable at that small size.

Anyone have any tips for dealing with content like that for small screens? (Text that flows around illustrations, especially charts and tables, and just small text in general)
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote