View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 03:26 PM   #459
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
I have read all 31 pages of this thread. I didn’t know about this forum in 2011. Looks like I missed out in all the fun. I have a few questions for those in the know who might trip across this ancient thread. I’m not starting a new thread on the topic because there doesn’t seem to be general interest in the awards anymore.
1. How does one get the Authorized Reader award? It was never answered in this thread.
2. Has Magic eReader been removed from the latest Kobo firmware?
3. Did Magic eReader simply trigger an award, or was it a bonafide Magic 8 ball emulator with a twist?
4. Problems with award glitches started popping up at the end of 2011. That was seven years ago. The gamer in me loves getting the awards, but if they don’t work (e.g. the time related badges don’t unlock on my KA1 LE), they only serve to frustrate. Some work; some don’t. That hasn’t changed in seven years. Why on earth are they still part of the OS?
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote