View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 07:04 PM   #18
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinolino View Post
Maybe for iPhone only, because I remember using GoodReader' double-page mode on iPad a couple of years ago.

Yep, in most cases there is really no use of using double-page mode on 10" screen for the plain reading of textbooks or technical documents, because it makes letters very small and also increases the amount of operating memory used and the possibility for out-of-memory crashes, except some smaller comics like manga and some smaller sized A5 books.

As for the mentioned difference between 9.7 and 10.5 screens, some could really find it beneficial reading one-column A4 documents (17-19 cm text width) on 10.5 screen, because its landscape width is about 1.7 cm (0.66 inch) longer, 2048 to 2224 @ 265 ppi, so, we can get even more magnification with zoomed page without margins (compared to paper document) than on 9.7" screen.
I stand corrected. GoodReader does have 2-page mode. I kept looking for the icon for 2-page mode but apparently, it's grouped with/hidden behind the icon that I thought was for reflow. I never did figure out how to get out of reflow mode so I steered clear of that icon.

I don't think I even have GoodReader installed on my iPhone. Seems pointless on such a small screen and I always have my iPad with me anyway.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote