View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #61
erayd
Zealot
erayd doesn't littererayd doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Figured it out. Lol, I didn't sleep until it was fixed. The fanfic was fairly long and the pcre.backtrack_limit was too restrictive (100,000). Changed the value to 1,000,000 and it works now.
Awesome, thanks for that - will put this in the next release. Cheers for the fix .

Quote:
Yep. I was just trying to figure out a way so it returns the HTML output directly/in-line. e.g. http://localhost/getstory.php?source=ffnet&storyid=1234567 would contain the cleaned HTML source instead of creating a separate cleaned HTML file. Needed this for def print_version() in a Calibre news feed while I'm still learning Python and unable to convert the chapter detection and page cleaning logic.
Gotcha. Would it be useful for me to put a 'wrapper' function in the main script that will let you call fflag inline with other php scripts rather than as a separate app?

Quote:
Would be great except I don't know how to use subversion, although I guess I could learn. Also, I'm not sure if my submitted code is Linux compatible.
Your code will be linux-compatible unless you used bits of the win32 api, which is fairly unlikely. I will make sure it doesn't break any existing functionality before merging it though - might need your help debugging a merged fix, as I dont have a windows machine handy.

Quote:
I think one of the reasons you're not getting more hits is because people aren't aware your program/service exists. I used to archive fanfics the hard way and I eventually gave up doing that since it just takes too much effort. Alas, short of posting a link on the FanFiction.Net forums (which might result in them asking you to take down the web service), I can't think of a way for people to learn about FLAG.
I did email fanfiction.net before putting my webservice online (http://flag.erayd.net/), but never received a reply - I'll interpret that as meaning they don't have a problem with it.

Quote:
I just read a bit about subversion. I think patches would be better so we don't accidentally break something.
Yay - this is my preferred method too as it means I don't have to bother with setting up the dav interface to subversion ;-).
erayd is offline   Reply With Quote