View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #14
spec2
Enthusiast
spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I totally disagree, things like laptops and Kindles are much more prone to damage as they are portable, 4 out of 5 laptops I repair are due to poor handling by the owner, the average repair is $200. There are no parts for a Kindle so if its out of warranty you buy a new one.
Respectfully, that is not my own experience (You see what a tricky argument it is to base it on personal on-off experiences). I've owned about 10 laptops since 1992. Only ONE had issues after the warranty expired (used the aforementioned AMEX to get it repaired for free). My experience is similar to other electronics like iPods (my original went kaplooy weeks after the Apple warranty expired)... AMEX gave me a brand new one. The other 6 I owned never had any issues.

I would suggest that, given the Kindle's high resale value, an owner would be better off selling their machine after a year and using the proceeds + the $65 that would have been spent on the warranty and just buy a whole new machine with a whole new battery and warranty. Better yet, it might even be a whole new model!
spec2 is offline   Reply With Quote