View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 02:40 PM   #15
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
I've read PDFs on a standard iPad (10"5, right?), and for short documents it's OK except for the LCD screen - I'm mentioning short documents because zooming in is then very convenient, and there are often margins that can be cropped. For longer documents (books), the default ebook app on the iPad is horrible since there is no way to set a default cropping for all pages of a document - having to re-zoom with each new page breaks my concentration when reading.

A larger screen, to me, means that I don't need to bother with cropping, the full page size will be convenient (unless I'm reading a document that uses abnormally small font sizes, but I try to avoid these). So even if the software is not extra smart, I'm sure a large screen size will work.

I've taken my Max 2 to lectures, with the lecture notes open. It was exactly as if I'd taken a pile of printed lecture notes with me - perfect for me. With a smaller screen it would be slightly less convenient.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote