View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 02:02 PM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
And they were not put there by the calibre editor. And they aren't what the OP is getting error messages about. What is your point?
I was under the impression that he had used the calibre editor to create the ebook. As you advised, errorchecking before sending to iBooks is a good idea using both the F7 for a quick check and epubcheck for the final check.

I was quite happy to notice the F7 error check in calibre gives a named entities present error after correcting the "title= error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Umm the only thing from that list you mention that is, even in the slightest way relevant to epub3 support is the epub3-itizer plugin (and even that is for the conversion of epub 2 to epub 3, not actual epub 3 support)
iBooks is an epub3 variant and having the required XML automatically inserted rather that doing by hand? Worth having the plugin. Epub2 Output converts epub3 to epub2 which works quite well on the commercial epub3 ebooks I've used it on. And yes, I use epub3-itizer to do some of the grunt work when I convert epub2 to epub3.

I do use both Sigil and the calibre editor. For some tasks, I find Sigil to be the better tool, for others, calibre's editor.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote