View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 03:19 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
One possibility that comes to mind is that epub3 does not support HTML named entities. You might want to try replacing ↺ with ↺ (double check that as it's not a character I make use of). Repeat for any other HTML enties such the the right and left quotes. I've been bitten by this a few times since my favourite   entity is not supported and & #160; (remove the space) just lacks the same human readability.
The calibre editor does not use named entities in any version of epub. And from the OP's error messages, they have nothing to do with entities.

Quote:
For epub3, I would suggest using Sigil instead of calibre's editor. At this time, it simply supports epub3 better than calibre's editor does.
Really, why?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote