View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
ulatz
ulatz began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Screen stuck at loading

I bought my reader last May and fell in love with it. Lately, since I was busy I didn't use it that much. Few days ago when noticing that the battery has drained, I hooked it and re-charge it via USB. I left it overnight (not intentionally as I fell asleep ) When I unhooked it the next morning, I get the usual USB connected but this time it was stuck at that particular screen. More than 10 minutes later, it was still stuck at that screen. I then slide off the power hoping to turn it off, but nothing happened. And kept trying for the next few minutes with no success. It flashed the loading screen for a fraction then it went dead. Tried the whole day and night turning it up again (even hooking it up to PC) but all I got was few yellow flashes and the screen remain empty.

So I decided to do a soft-reset. Then I turn it on again. This time I get the starting up screen and after few seconds it took me to the loading screen. It showed the loading icon and the background info were all showing 0 data. No books at all. Not even in my SD. It remained in the loading screen and after a while, it went off. Tried turning it on again, it starts off then gets to loading screen and stayed there. With every attempt, I noticed the deterioration of the displayed screen (e.g. vertical lines/stripes) and stuck at loading. Can anybody please help me make sense just what happen to my reader? Can it be saved?

Thank you so much in advance
ulatz is offline   Reply With Quote