View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 06:52 AM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
oh yeah it was like some venting hahahh but here I go.
And I have no problem with people venting a bit. So long as it's obvious
Quote:
- After turning the Kobo Touch on, it goes to the home page. There shoes "My books", and some other collections that I have. All of the book covers will be with a black and the name of the book. It won't have the real image of the book. So I will have to keep pressing the Home button to refresh the page, so the covers will start to show up one by one. I have to keep pressing until all the covers show up.
That's a weird one. I don't think I've heard of that before. The home screen shouldn't show any titles. But,if for some reason a cover image can't be found or generated, the cover shown has the title and format of the book plus two rectangles drawn around the outside. Is that what you are seeing?

If it is keeps generating the cover image after pressing the home page, is there any space left on the device? I would recommend keeping 100MB free for rewriting the database and generated covers. It's been a while since I completely filled a Kobo device, but I seem to remember some weird behaviour when it happened.
Quote:
- I don't really know how it started, but whenever I send a new book to my kobo, after disconnect it from my Desktop, it will start to "import the new content " and freeze in 9%.
How do you get out of that? If you are pressing the reset button, then it probably isn't importing some of your books. And this is usually a sign that a book you have sent to the device has some bad errors causing the import to fail. In these cases, you need to find the book and remove it. Then the rest of the books should be OK.
Quote:
- Its when using the device, like when I'm in the home page.
Do you see any problems on the book lists? Or when reading?
Quote:
- The firmware is the latest for the Kobo Touch C - 4.6.9995
Actually, it isn't. Kobo did release 4.6.9995 to the three versions of the Touch. But, some problems were found and they removed it. The problems were with the display when reading books. The margins and the top and bottom of the screen could be filled with black. The current version of the firmware for the three models of the Touch is 4.5.9587. You might want to try going back to this.

If you do go back to 4.5.9587, you are fairly safe to install it over 4.6.9995. But, what I do when I want to try this, is to take a full copy of the book partition of the device. If anything goes wrong, I can recover to this state without much trouble.
Quote:
- And all of my books are Kepubs.
Are you are sending them to the device using the KoboTouchExtended driver? Or are you doing a conversion first? Are the books you have seen this for large or complex?
Quote:
- I was using some patches in this firmware, but now I reinstalled the same firmware. SO I don't have any patches.
It's good to eliminate that as a source.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote