View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 04:50 AM   #12
Dominique U
Dominique U began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kindle PW4
I have the same issue (KUAL does not start after update to 5.9.2, Kindle is a PW3). Unfortunately, the fix described in this thread does not work (or I have misunderstood it). My Kindle was jailbroken before the update. Help would be appreciated.

I have tried the following steps:

* I have copied Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7_install.bin from KUAL-v2.7.zip into the mrpackages folder on my Kindle. Then I searched for ";log mrpi" but there was no reaction (no error message, I just see the home screen).

* I reinstalled MRInstaller by unzipping kual-mrinstaller-1.6.N.zip in the Kindle root. Then I retried the above. No avail.

* I tried to install the "hotfix". (I'm not sure what it does but I read that some older jailbreaks need it.): I placed Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin into the Kindle root. Then, when I open the menu to go to settings (even before I reach the update menu), I get a message that I have an invalid update file. After acknowledging that message, the update menu entry is grayed out (and the .bin file is gone).

I would be grateful about further tips what to try (or tips how to debug the situation).
Dominique U is offline   Reply With Quote