View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
OneNote can contain everything: background information, audio recording, whole web pages and files. Scrivener is great for outlining but I can never be bothered to fill in the Synopsis cards, prefering to make notes in the Document Notes area of the Inspector - notes about things which need to be done to the scene etc.

If we're talking fiction, I've fallen in love with a new program called The Novel Factory. I've found this really useful for guiding the structure of a book. While using the trial (which is only seven days) I took one of the chapters from my WIP and worked it using the program; the "chapter" could now stand as the basis for a novel in itself and will need to be considerably pared down to slot into the original WIP.

Different software tends to be great at different things. I still like Word for basic outlining (using the Outline View).

I'll look at The Novel Factory. I'm a nerd for novel-writing programs because they fascinate me.

Thank you!

---- Looks like it's not available for the Mac.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-29-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote