View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 12:48 PM   #47
Fralippo
Fralippo began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Hi,

This is in response to something Faterson and Ferante1 have suggested earlier.

I have done some eReader testing recently, and I believe Marvin 3 could easily be the top eReader out there if it weren't for a few missing features.

For me, if I had to choose, it would simply be:
  • Highlight/Bookmark syncing across devices
  • Marking those highlights that have a comment! This is the case in practically every other eReader I can think of.

It appears I am not alone with this request. I'm not a programmer, but recent other eReaders (Hyphen, other cross-platform syncing software...) show this is not an impossibility. Moreover, location-Sync in Marvin works perfectly fine across devices via iCould?

So my question would be, since I am apparently not the only one dearly missing this functionality: what about the idea of asking the developer how much it would cost him to implement this, and then see if we could raise the funds via this messageboard?

I myself would surely be willing to invest into this functionality, but am not in touch with the developer. Is anybody else? What do you guys think? I think it would be worth finding out how much an overhaul of the annotation functionalities would be, in order to estimate if this is worth raising funds for.
Fralippo is offline   Reply With Quote