View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 11:29 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank reader View Post
I only use pdf and epub files on my kobo
PDF files work as expected. They transfer to the kobo, covers are shown on the kobo, and cover images are found in the expected directory on the kobo.
epub files transfer to the kobo. The cover images do not transfer to the kobo, so the default image is used by the kobo.
When sending the covers from calibre to the Kobo devices, there is no difference between how PDFs and epubs are handled. The cover in the calibre library is resized as needed and copied to the device. The device will then find these covers when it needed and use them instead of generating them. If there is no cover in the calibre library, I don't know what will be sent.

What is the device showing as the "default image"? I don't believe there is one. There is a text cover it uses when one cannot be generated. This has the book title and format with a couple of boxes drawn around the edge.

You are using the KoboTouchExtened driver. This means that while you are sending epubs to the device, they are converted to kepubs by the driver. The way the covers are generated by the device is different for epubs (renders first page) and kepubs (finds image in book marked as cover). If the books are sent as kepubs, the covers are not being sent, and the device cannot find a cover in the book, then the default text cover I described above will be used.
Quote:
Regressing to an earlier build of calibre resolved this.
In the range of calibre versions you mentions, I can't think of any changes that would have affected the cover sending.
Quote:
Where does calibre keep its log files? What are you looking for in them? I'll pull them for you over the weekend.
Calibre doesn't keep logs of these sort of actions. You need to produce a debug log. Restart calibre in debug mode by right-clicking on the Preferences button and selecting the option. When calibre restarts, connect the device, send an epub to the device and close calibre when the send is finished. Calibre will then show the debug log. Post the full contents of the log or PM it to me.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote