View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
DG, you've probably already explained this..
but which format do you choose?
and do you need to convert it?

I think it's good that you bring this up a lot
about reading library books on the Kindle..
as that is one of the reasons I chose my 505.

I wasn't sure how easy it would be to access
the free material out there and library books
on a Kindle.
For the Kindle, you want the mobipocket format.

Some library's have more adobe format, some have more mobipocket.

You need to download and run the kindlefix script in order to put them on the Kindle. There is no converting necessary, since they will automatically "close" at the end of your loan period, no drm stripping involved.

You'd simply download the books to your computer, run the script, then use the USB cord to upload to your Kindle. Easy Peasy. (because if I can do it, it is!)

I can't speak for the Sony,..........but I guarantee someone else can!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote