View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 03:32 AM   #5
comtrjl
Connoisseur
comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebattle View Post
Hi all

I'm slavishly following the Sony supplied directions for converting DOC format to PDF. I'm using Gutenberg text files as source, pulling them into Word, printing to a PDF using PDFCreator.

It all seems to work fine, but the subsequent book on the Reader (PRS-500) is tiny, and I have to resize each page in turn.

Why doesn't the reader stick with the current size when turning the page? Or could it be something odd about the way I create PDFs?
Not sure what you're seeing on the Sony - a page with lots of white space around it or little white space but everything in a tiny font. Those instructions suggest an 8 or 9 point font to start with, but 11 or 12 is probably better. What I do is set e.g a 12 point font in Word, 1mm margins, set page size in Word to 9 x 12cm, and print pdf also to a page size of 9 x 12cm. Comes out OK with little wasted space and a readable font size. Can be previewed in the Sony Reader software and changed if necessary.
bob
comtrjl is offline   Reply With Quote