View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
SDK details revealed! "Free" and "extended" ...

Looks like iRex is leaking out the first details of the iLiad SDK. And - the big shocking news of the day - they are going to release two different SDKs: one is "free" and one is "extended".

According to them, the "free" version is available to any ‘private’ developer that shares our passion for electronic reading, whereas the "extended" version contains additional hardware and technical support for third parties who wish to develop an own viewer on the iLiad platform to support their own content offerings.

Do you buy this? To me this sounds as if the free SDK is basically useless as it does not allow you to develop your own iLiad tools (otherwise how would it be different from the "extended" version?).

I know we had a discussion earlier that according to GPL principles, they have to supply us with the tools required to build your own software and/or even rebuild the entire OS. I hope they don't try to get around "this problem" by releasing a stripped-down SDK.

http://developer.irexnet.com/sdk
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote