View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #15
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath
Interesting you say that because I bought a dummies guide on Amazon ... and they credited my account
Amazon was one of the better customer service ebook stores, I have about zero use for Mobi Pocket so they've removed themselves from my list.

Fictionwise has burned me.
Powell's said right out front they'd burn me and then said I'd have to email them, probably to protect themselves from credit card fraud e.g. I'm a criminal 'til proven differently.
Deisel-ebooks said they'd burn me and was demanding a non-free email account to protect me (or more likely protect themselves from credit card fraud e.g. treating me like a criminal)
Amazon has now burned me about my existing collection of ebooks, and even if they did have good policies, was in my experience, one of the most difficult to download content from (lots and lots of failures when you tried to download, sometimes taking days to get a successful download, always taking hours before you could even try to download) and of course would sometimes charge more for an ebook than for the paper back (how embarrassing!)

The only really good ebook store that has consistently delivered for me over the years is Baen's ebook store.

Of course there was Gemstar, but they're gone now, I was pretty happy with them...
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote