View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 04:15 PM   #11
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
The thing that really gets my goat is that Amazon and Powells otherwise have excellent customer service for customers purchasing books... its just us ebook customers getting the bad customer service.

In particular the return rights...

As mentioned elsewhere here yesterday, the technology is such now that I could have bought the paper book, scanned it with a lego block page turning 'bot and then returned it (I prefer more medieval techniques myself that leave the book ineligible for return...)

Yet there is this pervasive automatic assumption that I'm a bad person if I want to return the digital ebook. I think the same fraud detection techniques work with ebooks as well as books. If all I do is buy and return, someone is going to notice...

As I wrote yesterday, the ebook industry needs a shot of trust in the arm: badly.

And as seen today, some of these deals/mergers are not helping matters either.

The content of the ebook is fabulous. If I wind up reading it on my iLiad I wouldn't be able to admit to it due to the DMCA.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote