View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 05:05 PM   #345
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Kepub is more than twice as fast with the same amount of text. margins can be eliminated just as easily if you follow the instructions. They make no difference whatsoever.
I read a kepub on the second to last 4.3 firmware and it was not twice as fast even though it had less text on screen. It had to have less text because the line height has to be larger or the last line gets all screwed up and sometime unreadable. So there is no way I can have the same amount of text with kepub as I do with ePub. Also, hyphenation doesn't work as well. I the last kepub I read, there were 2 incorrect hyphens. Also, if you want the fastest kepub, then you have to give up the better typesetting. I read with the better typesetting.

Quote:
Images on epub have improved a bit. (and indeed, the difference is barely noticeable on the One. They look comparatively horrid on the H20 (compared to Kepub) and have no zoom, nor are most full page graphics automatically sized correctly to the page. (depends on the formatting of the epub.)
Given that I have an H2O, I do say images in ePub are better since 32bpp in the OS. They do not look horrid. Yes, I agree with the lack of zoom and that if the coding isn't correct in ePub, the images may not display correctly.

Quote:
(Why am I still replying to nonsense like this? gah, ,there's an xkcd comic about this somehwere.)
It's not nonsense. It's what I know from experience with my H2O. And my experience says that some of your information is out-of-date. What was true in the past is no longer true now. I'm basing this on more recent firmware versions.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote