View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #32
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
You got me....

Though I do think that the fact that marketing is about enticing others to do things instead of doing them yourself makes it very different from both writing and edting.
I don't know. A good part of marketing is writing compelling and persuasive copy, reports and/or proposals. I suspect a good number of marketing types consider "writing" a critical skill.

An editor needs to attract and/or deal with clients or employers, so there is an element of marketing there.

Only a "writer" of the most artsy-fartsy strata can truly ignore all elements of editing and marketing and leave that to "the little people," so I'd say "writer" is the odd man out....and that's only a small fraction of writers....most of us have to do some editing and marketing, too.

Last edited by ApK; 04-25-2017 at 02:58 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote