View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 07:24 AM   #3
MountainMan1
MountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
Put the styles in a CSS file (press the "add file" button in the top left and call the file something.css, then copy all the rules between <style> and </style> into the new file), then just select all the HTML files, right-click and select "Link stylesheets", then select your CSS file to be linked to all the HTML files.

4em is a pretty huge indent, IMHO.
Yes, it is a large indent, on the forum or site where I found that style technique the original poster had a long list of them. I think the subject was about indents in HTML documents, and if I remember correctly the poster may have said he had a number of indents progressively larger so that he could have data in rows and columns and keep it looking neat. Something like that.

HTML doesn't have 'native' tabs, so this was someone's work-around for that. Of course you can use tables, but some people don't want or need to use tables in a particular HTML document, and the poster showed this as a way not to have to put a table into the document if you didn't want to.

I believe that was the purpose, don't remember where I stumbled across this technique so can't really say for sure.

Edit: Phssthpok, I gave you some Karma for the helpful post, but I don't know for sure how the KARMA system works here, so I don't know if giving you 10 KARMA was good or bad, my intentions were to the good though

Last edited by MountainMan1; 04-19-2017 at 07:58 AM. Reason: A thanks to a helpful post
MountainMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote