View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 08:31 AM   #9
eumesmo
Connoisseur
eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Well, there are those who see white and black and those who see only shades of grey. Maybe a better man than myself could identify shades of white in this world, I never could. I'm not even sure of this, but are copyright laws the same for works and translations? After making so much profit on uncopyrighted material, shouldn't publishers be forced to release the digital text to the public or at least to projects like gutenberg.org? Not sure how much money a author makes off a work, 10%? Between 1 and 2 dollars? What are the grounds for a ebooks costing 7 dollars other than how cheap "deadwood" printing is? But should we get beyond those problems, how much would it cost pay someone 2 dollars for content anyhow? I believe that is impossible, I'm certain online credit card companies have a per transation fee very close or ever higher than that amount. Let's not mention the government refusal to digitalize the whole of the Library of Congress for a mere 2 million. I'm sure there's hope somewhere, you just need a better man to see it.
eumesmo is offline   Reply With Quote