View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 10:10 AM   #52
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Maybe I should watch the "typewriter" demo again with more attention, but I concur: document editing is already available (though specific software could be optimized for the experience - eg.: static, non-blinking text cursor, to avoid wasting battery charge - and probably also using a USB keyboard instead of BT could be more efficient). A laptop should offer a full system.
While it would be nice to have a fully functional eink laptop, I wouldn't necessarily discount the idea of an eink "typewriter"/word processor.

Yes, using BT and an external keyboard, one can currently simulate the experience which such a dedicated device would offer. And, hopefully, that experience will improve with the upcoming Max2. However, the battery in the Max limits its utility for those who would need to work on it for extended periods of time.

Presumably, the battery in the "typewriter" would be more akin to those found in a laptop. Perhaps the power supply system would even be configured in much the same way as a laptop so that one could use it hooked up to a power source even if the battery were completely shot. That could make it an extremely useful device to many people who have to sit in front of a computer all day, but who don't necessarily need the full functionality of a computer.

Hopefully, we will eventually see an in depth independent review of this "typewriter" to get a better idea of its abilities and limitations.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote