View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #54
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZed View Post
Actual bugs or feature requests are best added to the CPAN RT bug tracker, though of course you can always e-mail or PM me at this point as well. Comments can be left here.

The pdb to epub is an odd case — if you don't use the --htmlconvert option (which I just noticed isn't documented properly, and that *is* a bug I'll need to fix), what you're left with really *is* text/plain, and even though it's noncomformant to have that in the OPF file, since it's also nonconformant to have the document not be XHTML, I thought it better to leave it that way as a warning and for consistency.
I didn't use that option, but just unpacked the ereader .pdb and then genepub'ed from the resulting .opf/.html that was unpacked. Now I'm curious if --htmlconvert will fair better.

Quote:
If you mean that *with* --htmlconvert, unpacking a PDB is still leaving the manifest media-type as text/plain, even though what it points to has been wrapped in html, that's a bug I wasn't aware of.

I wasn't planning to write packers for Mobi/eReader/IMP anytime in the near future, though if there's call for it, I can change my mind. Mobi of course you can use the helper functions on, and unzipping the .epub into a directory and running 'ebook genmobi' on the result should produce what you need if you have the official converter in a findable location.
Fair, but what about more .epub support like metadata editing, "fixing" things within the .epub (which would require an unpack (unzip) and repack routine), etc.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote