View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #4
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
kovidgoyal - thanks for your reply. The problem is worse than I thought - there are over 40 books that Calibre says are on the device that don't show up. Their epubs are in the My Files folder on the GLP, and when I add a book that does show up, the covers of the books that did not show up flash by on the New & Recent in My Library on the home page and also on the top of the My Files window if I am on that screen.

I went back and tried adding these books one at a time. I tried the converting epub to epub on some of them. I opened some of them with ADE and put them in the ADE library and tried copy/paste from there. Nothing worked.

When I add one that does not show up, the covers of the other books that did not show up flash by like they do when I add a book that does show up.

Four of the books are from Amazon. I have 49 books from them so 45 did transfer to the GLP.

I called B&N support and was told the only way to sideload books onto the GLP was if it was a library book. She said I should download the B&N books so they would show up in the Books section of the library. I told her I wanted to sideload them because the GLP did not have as much storage capacity as a Simple Touch. She repeated the only way to sideload was a library book through ADE. I told her that is not what the manual said. She simply repeated herself.

All of these books, everyone of them, sideloaded onto my Nook Simple Touch.

I really like the GLP for various reasons. The B&N books that would not load through Calibre I downloaded into the Books section. I guess that Amazon books I'll have to read on the simple touch.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote