View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 06:13 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by spynumber View Post
When ever I try to add books I get errors. Any ideas what I need to do to fix it? I have copied the log file below:

calibre, version 2.79.1
ERROR: Errors while adding: Failed to add any books, click "Show details" for more information

---------------<snip> ----------------

CantOpenError: CantOpenError: unable to open database file
@spynumber - the ast line of the error messages says it all. The database file the error is referring to is the metadata.db file in the library folder.

Is the metadata.db file there?
Has something else locked it?
Has something changed the file access control permissions?

Are you syncing your library to a cloud storage service, like Dropbox, Amazon S3, OneDrive, Google Drive etc. If so then you need to read this ==>> I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?

A cloud storage service is, to all intents and purposes, a network drive.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote