View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 03:14 AM   #18
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nook HD+, and Windows Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
RTF is a really bad format for e-books. You have to customize the conversion process for it. Basically that means you have to put in an XPath expression to detect chapters. Unfortunately there's no simple prescription for that, it depends on the individual RTF file.
Hm. But aside from chapter detection, why do blank line spaces disappear? Why don't they get converted to something like html <br><br> tags?

I had the same problem when I used Mobi Creator to make .prc files from html source files. And when I when I used Framemaker to make tagged PDF files from Word docs. Never did reliably solve the problem.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote