View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Thanks much, it worked. Just to state this explicitly, you'll lose your Library on your PC. The library on my Reader has remained intact.

To get your Library on the PC to be the same as on your Reader, just select all the files from the Reader List view and drag-and-drop to the PC Library icon. Voila, back to new [wrong, see edit below]. Now if you like auto-sync'ing, you can make the appropriate check marks under "Reader" --> "Sync."

[EDIT: I don't think drag-and-drop from Reader to Library creates a good Library. I've spent two hours trying to move files from the Reader to an SD card, and it looks like my Library is somehow tied to the Reader's internal memory, so sync'ing is all messed up, and removing books is very difficult, with no logic I can yet decipher.]

Last edited by jj2me; 02-09-2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Seems dragging Reader-to-Library is not so good
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote