View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 02:03 PM   #14
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_Manuel View Post
Hello guys,

About find ISBN on PDF files, I was writing a Bash script to do this job for me, like a batch process. The only argument needed is the library folder's path, or a single book folder, and that's it! You may improve it as you want. I recommend to you, try first with a single book folder, before to try recursively from library top folder. You will need to install pdfgrep, and basic Linux console tools.

Best regards...

PD: the comments and some messages are in Spanish, you may to change as you want.
Moderator Notice
@Jose_Manuel - the thread you posted to is a day short of SEVEN YEARS OLD!!!

A calibre plugin, Extract ISBN has been in existence for MORE THAN FIVE YEARS!!! And it works on the Windows, OSX and Linux versions of calibre. And it updates the Identifiers column of the library database And it doesn't need any additional software, because it uses the pdf libraries shipped within calibre.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-13-2016 at 02:05 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote