View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 04:04 PM   #7
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Welcome to the club. There isn't a lot of response usually. It's the Internet after all...
Yeah, I suppose. It's not that I expected a deluge of responses or anything, of course, but heck, browsing through the books that others have made here, at the risk of stepping on anyone's toes, well, I've seen the odd post of a book that has 100 comments or something, and so I take a look at the book and it looks like little more than a plain text file, and I can't understand what all the hubbub is about.

Quote:
I haven't checked yet how you did your hanging brackets and quotation marks. I think I did it in a poetry book once and used different indentations. Did you do it any differently?
Yeah, basically -- that's the only way to do it, of course. I just gave my paragraphs a 0.4em left margin, which is almost unnoticeable, and that was enough that I could then make adjustments for if/when a line began with a quotation mark, apostrophe or parenthesis.

I know it's no big deal, in a way -- it's not like I discovered the secret to the universe or anything -- but even still I was rather pleased with myself when the idea occurred to me, and even more pleased when it actually worked out quite well. That's a nice "feature" that one sees in print books, of course, but that I hadn't seen anyone strive to do in ebooks -- although obviously I'd never looked at yours! Maybe I should check your books out, have a look at your designs (regardless of the content) for further inspiration.

Thanks for the reply!

Last edited by Psymon; 11-17-2016 at 04:07 PM.
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote