View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Post BookBrowser - A tool to create a web interface for reading your ePub library

I have been wanting a web interface for my ePub collection for a while. I wanted it to be simple, but also have a web based viewer. I wanted it to be able to work on all platforms, and I wanted the generated html to be usable standalone. I could not find anything which fitted my needs, so I created one.

You can see more info here: http://geek1011.github.io/BookBrowser

Live Demo

The readme is below:

BookBrowser

A tool to generate a web-based epub book browser.

This works on Linux and Windows with Python 2.7.

The web interface works with basic book browsing support on IE 9+, Edge, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Android Browser, and other browsers with es5 support. The web interface works with full search, filters, online reader, state storing in url, and animations on IE 10+, Edge, Firefox 28+, Chrome 21+, Safari 9+, Opera 17+, and Android browser 4.4+.

Features
  • Search
  • Responsive UI
  • List by:
    • Author
    • Series (calibre style series metadata)
    • Random
  • Online reader
    • Custom fonts, colors, sizing, spacing
    • Animations
    • And more
  • Works offline
  • No server side scripting after initial indexing
  • Easy to use
  • And more
  • PDF support coming soon

Usage

First, download and extract or clone this repository. Then install python 2.7 if you haven’t already. Then:
  1. Put epub books in the
    Code:
    Content/Books
    folder
  2. Run
    Code:
    indexer.py
    in python2.7
  3. Run
    Code:
    createjson.py
    in python2.7
  4. Run
    Code:
    server.py
    in python2.7. You can also just open
    Code:
    Content/index.html
    in a browser, but you will not be able to read books within the browser.
  5. Go to http://localhost:8000
  6. If you add more books, just repeat these steps again

To clear the metadata and cover cache, either run resetindex.sh on Linux, or delete the txt, jpg, jpeg, and png files from the Content/Books folder.

Demo

Screenshots

Update 02-22-2017: New version, resesign, rewrite, deep linking support, sort by series, responsive ui, random book, series info, and more.
Update 11-26-2016: New version, redesign, and IE9 compatibility.
Update 01-26-2017: New version, redesign.

Last edited by geek1011; 02-22-2017 at 04:49 PM. Reason: New design