Thread: Aura Help me about Font
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 06:45 PM   #16
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by haidinhtuan View Post
Hi, tshering. Firstly, I use a fresh copy of Kobo firmware and edit the archive directly (delete fonts in usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/), then copy the KoboRoot.tgz file into .kobo folder of the reader. I've read somewhere that Kobo device always checks for KoboRoot.tgz file in .kobo folder and if such a file exists, the reader will extract the file and overwrite it on current system files.

Am I doing wrong?
This does not work. What is done with the KoboRoot.tgz is like copying files and folder to certain locations. For instance, if there is no usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Malabar-Bold.ttf in KoboRoot.tgz, nothing is done to usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Malabar-Bold.ttf on the device. With KoboRoot.tgz you can only replace files and add files and folders. You cannot delete or rename anything. But you can replace files with empty files.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote