View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 03:10 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
JB == Jail break
Yourcat

A long tap on the book's cover image.

Organize the books in a directories (under /documents) so that each represent a collection, then run LibrarianSync to put them all in the collections.
Oops -
You need the JB installed to do that, and you don't want to JB it.

The KT3, like the KT and the KT2, uses an IR scanning touch screen rather than the capacitive touch screen.
Which means you can use nearly anything for a stylus.
An eraser tipped pencil works well and the eraser will not harm the screen.
Just to keep from wearing out your finger tips, moving the books one at a time.

Oh...
They aren't all on your KT3, only the cover thumbnail.
Touch one, and the system will down load it (and give little, fine print, progress messages under the title).

So yes, you do want to have Wifi working.
You can still block updates with the special named directory in the top level of visible USB storage (see Step #7).
You do not have to be jail broken to use that.

If you want, if it isn't already running 5.8.5, you can manually download and install that (which can still be jail broken at a later time if you desire).

You are used to the unlighted screen on the K3, but you are correct, the KT3 unlighted screen is an improvement.
I have a K3 and a KT3 sitting next to each other as I write that.

The JB I am talking about is at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275877
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote