View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 01:30 PM   #2
mand
Zealot
mand began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th gen; Kindle Keyboard; iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Someone forgot to read step #7 of the JB.
You do not have to keep the kindle off-line to prevent OTA updates.
What is the JB? And who forgot to read step #7, Yourcat or me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That:
"VV to many car audio systems"
Is disturbing.

As if cell' 'phones did not by themselves up the "auto kill rate" enough, now will we have people blind to the world by being immersed in the book being read to them driving through crowds.

Yea Amazon - Always willing to sacrifice anything for a few more bucks.
No worse than listening to a book on CD or on the radio, I'd have thought.

As for all the rest of your post, you lost me completely. VoiceView and Bluetooth aren't of interest to me and the rest went straight over my head.

Anyway my new Kindle 8 got here today - didn't expect it so soon. Fun! I also didn't expect samples and personal documents to sync as well as bought books, so I haven't lost those. It's worse than that, I have everything I've ever sent to the old K3... 7,000+ items. Everything that used to be in Archived is there on the home screen. Yikes.

I can create a collection or delete it, and so I could recreate my collections from the K3 on the K8, and fill them with the same files, one by one, and then delete all files that aren't in any collection... one by one... doesn't bear thinking about.

I also haven't found out how to delete books. Deleting collections, but not books. It isn't in the User's Guide and doesn't seem to be on the website Help either, though the search function on the website isn't very useful.

This could be a long slow learning curve.

On the other hand I like the device physically, the font(s), etc and
mand is offline   Reply With Quote