View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #10
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, Jetbook Mini, Jetbook Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro
I think I agree with about anyone above here.

I haven't read the article in full neither;though great topic to get our frustrations out!

How much do they say it differs in cost to set up an office with 5 employees and a server (director, IT data, 2 Book design and formatters, and someone to handle the finances),compared to hiring a Library sized warehouse, packaging and handling, still buy an office for 3 employees, ...

Don't you think most books of writers are digitally created in the first place?
It takes more time to format a book into a paper design, then it does to format it to fit the ebook reader screens!

=========

1- So one gets rid of the electricity and property costs of a large building,in exchange for a slightly larger office equipped with a server (if not,one can order server space and a domain name quite cheap)
2- One gets rid of shipping and handling
3- Every book sold does not need to be re-ordered, but can be uploaded as many customers there are that want this book once it's on the server, so one gets also rid of re-ordering or resupplying stock
4- The employee that normally works in the warehouse sorting out the books,is being replaced by an IT technician that keeps track of updates.
5- The company consists of less people with less strenuous work,and less ability to have 'accidents',so insurance costs go down as well.
6- The statistics are Bull SH##O.o ,, since they all happen automatically. No longer is there anyone needed to input the data in SAP, since the end user does practically all the administrative work by ordering the book online..

7- I'm sorry but I couldn't read the post any further, since I'm in a bad mood already...

=========

Then my question would be, where the F@?# does he thinks all these costs went to? Comparable? Don't make me laugh!

Posts (/Lying comments) like this just make me more pissed!

Not to the original poster of this thread, but the sales guy who's going to teach us that ebooks should cost more than pbooks....

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-02-2009 at 09:02 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote