View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #133
HowlerX
Enthusiast
HowlerX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiris View Post
I've checked thumbnail creation process in my Oasis with the latest firmware 5.8.5. No problem at all. All thumbnails are visible. I suspect that the problem is in your book. Check in Kindle Previewer if cover is properly set up:
I think the update change some permission or some folder structure or something. I'm not knowledgeable enough about such things. I had previously uploaded the exact same book to my Kindle PW2 (pre-5.8.5 firmware) and the book and cover showed up fine after running ExtractCoverThumbs on it. I also went ahead and upgraded the firmware to 5.8.5 on the Kindle PW2 and the book and cover still show up. The problem is after adding the book to a Kindle with firmware 5.8.5 (the newest firmware) that I can't get the cover to show up. Tried removing, restarting the Kindle and re-adding the book. Again this is a KFX format book, not .mobi or *.azw3, etc.

Edit: I can verify that the thumbnail JPEG for the book is in the hidden thumbnail folder but for whatever reason the thumbnail is not displayed.

2nd Edit: Hehe. Apparently the trade paperback edition of the book has a thumbnail on Amazon and an accompanying ASIN number that begins with the letter "B" so I just used that as the ASIN and now the Kindle uses that as the thumbnail. Go figure. Still would be nice to figure out why the thumbnail refuses to show when using unique ASIN generated by jhowell's KFX plugin.

Last edited by HowlerX; 10-19-2016 at 07:15 PM.
HowlerX is offline   Reply With Quote