View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #7
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thank you for the mention, montsnmags, and you're right, I am certainly an ebook enthusiastist. I've been reading Mobipocket ebooks for many years on my mobile phone. Now, I prefer to use my iLiad - the large screen size and e-Ink give a much more comfy read.

SubElement, the only Sony PRS I've seen is epiphany's and I thought it looked very stylish. I think the biggest concern with Sonys in Australia is that you purchase them with no warranty. The Cybook is also an elegant device.

If you're in Sydney, you can see a Cybook and iLiad in action at Dymocks. If you're in Melbourne, you can have a demo of Cybook, HanLin V3 and the complete iRex range at DA Direct.

My recommendation, if you're wanting a 6" device, is to look at the Cybook and HanLin V3 (or clone). If you purchase locally, you get Australian helpdesk support and warranty.
DA Direct is a long-standing Australian owned company, located in Melbourne.

And... epiphany, I think we should get together and organise an MR Melbourne meet. I'll send you an email when I'm back on deck at work. I've met several MR members already and I think it'd be lots of fun for us to get together for a show and tell.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote