View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #6
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgoose View Post
Thanks for your inputs. It is worse than I feared. What this realistically means is that one should wait until e-readers come out which are large enough to read existing book pdf files without reformatting (or at best accept poorly reformatted "copies"). Irex Iliac is large enough, it seems, but too expensive right now. I will wait a year more before buying, I think.
Snowgoose from Canada
...or wait until the PDF viewer software on eInk readers accommodates the reflow option (I don't have a Sony reader, but I think you might want to check the latest version of Sony Reader to see if it reflows PDF files)

...or purchase a pocket pc or other such device that uses a version of Adobe Reader that handles the reflow option

....or buy a netbook, UMPC, or other computer that can run the full version of Adobe Reader to read PDF files on
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote